Caerphilly graves to be stripped of ‘unauthorised items’

Campaign Series: CONTROVERSIAL: Bedwellty Cemetery, where the 'lawn policy', where unauthorised items like lanterns must be removed, has already been enforced CONTROVERSIAL: Bedwellty Cemetery, where the 'lawn policy', where unauthorised items like lanterns must be removed, has already been enforced

A HIGHLY controversial policy to remove tributes and other items from peoples’ graves is to be implemented across a Gwent county.

Caerphilly council says its so-called "lawn policy" which will require unauthorised items such as lanterns, flower pots and chippings to be removed from graves is to be put into force at all ten of its cemeteries.

The council faced opposition over the way it handled the policy at Bedwellty Cemetery a year ago, after relatives contacted the Argus saying their graves had been altered and items smashed.

Relatives had said they had received little warning of the move.

Cabinet member for community and leisure services Dave Poole said the council recognises there is opposition and wants to address the matter in a way that will not cause offence or distress to any families.

“This is an extremely emotive issue, but we firmly believe that a cemetery should be a place of quiet reflection in well-maintained, dignified surroundings," he said.

According to the authority, the council is to hold inspections over the coming months and, if appropriate, will send letters to relatives asking them to remove any unauthorised items that were identified.

The council claims "grave personalisation" causes a health and safety risk to staff and visitors because of trip hazards caused by small fences and ornaments.

It says concerns have been expressed about the practice and the council has received numerous complaints.

Markham man Walter Hoskins's grandson Ryan Trewartha, who died aged 21, is buried at Bedwellty.

He said a surround on Ryan's grave was removed and put in a skip.

"They haven't apologised to us for what they have done, and they haven't reimbursed us for what they have done to people's ornaments," he said.

Blackwood independent town councillor Delwyn Davies said he hopes that the council will consult with the people concerned.

"They should be consulting with family members giving them proper notice of what they are doing," he said.

Councillor Colin Mann, leader of the Plaid Cymru group on Caerphilly council, said: "The council must be very careful to ensure it does not enforce its policy in a high-handed and insensitive way.

"It is vital that the council communicates with the relatives in the correct way."

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:44am Sat 26 Jan 13

gatty says...

this is crazy, once again this place we called GREAT BRITAIN is no more.the world is turning into such a terrible place to live :( all because tony blair who started all this political correctness ****... someone working in Caerphilly council is getting paied way to much money he she needs sacking .
this is crazy, once again this place we called GREAT BRITAIN is no more.the world is turning into such a terrible place to live :( all because tony blair who started all this political correctness ****... someone working in Caerphilly council is getting paied way to much money he she needs sacking . gatty
  • Score: 0

11:17am Sat 26 Jan 13

gabriel williams says...

you touch my partners grave there will be trouble !
you touch my partners grave there will be trouble ! gabriel williams
  • Score: 0

11:32am Sat 26 Jan 13

let em swing says...

Im afraid i have to agree with the policy, the cemetery should be a place of quiet reflection, not garish tributes, many inappropriate, as an example a recent tribute on a grave said, if carling did grandmothers it would have been you, how crass.
Im afraid i have to agree with the policy, the cemetery should be a place of quiet reflection, not garish tributes, many inappropriate, as an example a recent tribute on a grave said, if carling did grandmothers it would have been you, how crass. let em swing
  • Score: 0

11:40am Sat 26 Jan 13

Dee-Gee says...

The council have prioritied ease of maintenance over people's natural desire to grieve in a way that reflects the personality of their departed loved one. It's absolutely shocking.

Also, I think I'd much rather spend an evening in the company of the family that wrote the Carling tribute than the sneering snob who felt the need to pass judgement on it.
The council have prioritied ease of maintenance over people's natural desire to grieve in a way that reflects the personality of their departed loved one. It's absolutely shocking. Also, I think I'd much rather spend an evening in the company of the family that wrote the Carling tribute than the sneering snob who felt the need to pass judgement on it. Dee-Gee
  • Score: 0

11:58am Sat 26 Jan 13

let em swing says...

If your tributes are from a lager ad campaign, you either dont know the person your claiming to admire or they were an alcoholic, whatever next you were the best nan, go compare, go compare, your the best forget the rest go compare, oh dear, how tv has tainted peoples mindsets.
If your tributes are from a lager ad campaign, you either dont know the person your claiming to admire or they were an alcoholic, whatever next you were the best nan, go compare, go compare, your the best forget the rest go compare, oh dear, how tv has tainted peoples mindsets. let em swing
  • Score: 0

1:33pm Sat 26 Jan 13

michele26 says...

A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge
A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge michele26
  • Score: 0

1:44pm Sat 26 Jan 13

michele26 says...

Forgot to add, Cearphilly policies are different to other surrounding areas such as blaenau gwent, they are allowed to have larger memorials and other items to help member your koved ones. We are currently working with our stonemason to find a suitable solution for mums added memorial which is proving difficult due to CCBC procedures, why are we being treated so unfairly....so they can save money by cutting grass with larger machines so they can pay the huge payrises as published in this newspaper, all at the cost of us tax payers!
Forgot to add, Cearphilly policies are different to other surrounding areas such as blaenau gwent, they are allowed to have larger memorials and other items to help member your koved ones. We are currently working with our stonemason to find a suitable solution for mums added memorial which is proving difficult due to CCBC procedures, why are we being treated so unfairly....so they can save money by cutting grass with larger machines so they can pay the huge payrises as published in this newspaper, all at the cost of us tax payers! michele26
  • Score: 0

1:46pm Sat 26 Jan 13

let em swing says...

michele26 wrote:
A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge
Dont see your point, they have always filled in graves quickly, its the way it should be done, as for the soil where do you expect them to put it, and they always make good afterwards, you obviously have nott had much experience of graveyards, most cremation people dont know how it goes. i think you would have much more of an argument if the grave wasnt filled in quickly.
[quote][p][bold]michele26[/bold] wrote: A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge[/p][/quote]Dont see your point, they have always filled in graves quickly, its the way it should be done, as for the soil where do you expect them to put it, and they always make good afterwards, you obviously have nott had much experience of graveyards, most cremation people dont know how it goes. i think you would have much more of an argument if the grave wasnt filled in quickly. let em swing
  • Score: 0

1:59pm Sat 26 Jan 13

michele26 says...

let em swing wrote:
michele26 wrote:
A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge
Dont see your point, they have always filled in graves quickly, its the way it should be done, as for the soil where do you expect them to put it, and they always make good afterwards, you obviously have nott had much experience of graveyards, most cremation people dont know how it goes. i think you would have much more of an argument if the grave wasnt filled in quickly.
Obviously your a cemetry worker, there are ways of doing things its called respect for others.
[quote][p][bold]let em swing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]michele26[/bold] wrote: A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge[/p][/quote]Dont see your point, they have always filled in graves quickly, its the way it should be done, as for the soil where do you expect them to put it, and they always make good afterwards, you obviously have nott had much experience of graveyards, most cremation people dont know how it goes. i think you would have much more of an argument if the grave wasnt filled in quickly.[/p][/quote]Obviously your a cemetry worker, there are ways of doing things its called respect for others. michele26
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Sat 26 Jan 13

theviking666 says...

Haven't the council got more important issues to deal with !
Haven't the council got more important issues to deal with ! theviking666
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Sat 26 Jan 13

philgwent says...

Although I did not agree with this when they changed Bedwellty cemetery, it does now look much better and is easy to maintain.
It had got to look like a funfair rather than a sacred place, with windmills, toys, teddy bears, football badges etc. Well done Caerphilly Council one thing they have got right.
Although I did not agree with this when they changed Bedwellty cemetery, it does now look much better and is easy to maintain. It had got to look like a funfair rather than a sacred place, with windmills, toys, teddy bears, football badges etc. Well done Caerphilly Council one thing they have got right. philgwent
  • Score: 0

2:06pm Sat 26 Jan 13

let em swing says...

michele26 wrote:
let em swing wrote:
michele26 wrote:
A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge
Dont see your point, they have always filled in graves quickly, its the way it should be done, as for the soil where do you expect them to put it, and they always make good afterwards, you obviously have nott had much experience of graveyards, most cremation people dont know how it goes. i think you would have much more of an argument if the grave wasnt filled in quickly.
Obviously your a cemetry worker, there are ways of doing things its called respect for others.
Not a cemetery worker, i know mud in the winter looks unpleasant but thats what they are dealing with, if they didnt put the soil on the next grave, but trapsed with shovels full to a selected area the mess over all the graves would be horrendous, try to remember them as they were, not the conditions of a wet day at the cemetery, its what you keep in your hearts and minds that counts.
[quote][p][bold]michele26[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]let em swing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]michele26[/bold] wrote: A quiet place to think and reflect is a joke!!!! On preparation for my mums funeral i visited my brothers grave to ensure the memorial stone had been moved, to my horror they had piled all the dirt from my brothers grave onto the family grave next to my brother, all of my brothers flowers were thrown onto another grave. If I was a famiky member of the grave they dumped the stuff onto I would be mortified, it really upset me. Then to top things off During my mothers burial last Mayat Abercarn, one of the cemetery workers stood at the side of the grave with his shovel waiting for the service to finish as it was 3.40pm so probably rushing to finish at 4pm. Also on another occasion I was visiting my brothers and mums grave when there was another service taking place at another grave, the workmen were again waiting, as soon as the congragation left they started shoveling the dirt from afar so could hear the dirt hit the coffin hard. They were talking to each other loud and swearing, the workman was a big guy with his bum hanging out of his trousers and had a baseball cap on. You call this a quite place for reflection.....i think not Caerphilly Council, its a disgrace no family should have to go through this. Michele Newbridge[/p][/quote]Dont see your point, they have always filled in graves quickly, its the way it should be done, as for the soil where do you expect them to put it, and they always make good afterwards, you obviously have nott had much experience of graveyards, most cremation people dont know how it goes. i think you would have much more of an argument if the grave wasnt filled in quickly.[/p][/quote]Obviously your a cemetry worker, there are ways of doing things its called respect for others.[/p][/quote]Not a cemetery worker, i know mud in the winter looks unpleasant but thats what they are dealing with, if they didnt put the soil on the next grave, but trapsed with shovels full to a selected area the mess over all the graves would be horrendous, try to remember them as they were, not the conditions of a wet day at the cemetery, its what you keep in your hearts and minds that counts. let em swing
  • Score: 0

2:28pm Sat 26 Jan 13

michele26 says...

It was summer!
It was summer! michele26
  • Score: 0

2:28pm Sat 26 Jan 13

michele26 says...

It was summer!
It was summer! michele26
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Sat 26 Jan 13

let em swing says...

michele26 wrote:
It was summer!
summer was a washout !
[quote][p][bold]michele26[/bold] wrote: It was summer![/p][/quote]summer was a washout ! let em swing
  • Score: 0

2:13am Sun 27 Jan 13

jokeport says...

Had to register an account just to reply to this thread.

To 'let em swing' he's the type of keyboard warrior that likes to get attention by pretending to be someone so untastefull its pathetic.

To the family who put the carlsberg quote on their family members grave, 'WHAT A LEDGEND!' If that's how they want to show their grief and enlighten their spirits of the death of their loved ones then let them do it? We don't know that person who died, maybe it was their wish to have something funny engraved on it?

People should be able to show their respects in what ever way they want to? Yes its a ground for respect and should carry some dignity, but if any1 told me I couldn't put what I wanted on my family members grave I'd do it anyway. If anyone touched it, there would be hell to pay. End of the day, the council should have implied some sort of rule that would not offend other family members, and should most definately make sure they are informed months before the rules are put in place.

Rant over. Council = waste of overpaid numnuts that only think of when their next pay cheque is going into their banks.
Had to register an account just to reply to this thread. To 'let em swing' he's the type of keyboard warrior that likes to get attention by pretending to be someone so untastefull its pathetic. To the family who put the carlsberg quote on their family members grave, 'WHAT A LEDGEND!' If that's how they want to show their grief and enlighten their spirits of the death of their loved ones then let them do it? We don't know that person who died, maybe it was their wish to have something funny engraved on it? People should be able to show their respects in what ever way they want to? Yes its a ground for respect and should carry some dignity, but if any1 told me I couldn't put what I wanted on my family members grave I'd do it anyway. If anyone touched it, there would be hell to pay. End of the day, the council should have implied some sort of rule that would not offend other family members, and should most definately make sure they are informed months before the rules are put in place. Rant over. Council = waste of overpaid numnuts that only think of when their next pay cheque is going into their banks. jokeport
  • Score: 0

10:05am Sun 27 Jan 13

CC2013 says...

As part of my work I spend a lot of time at cemeteries and crematoria. This policy, or one very similar operates across most local authority cemeteries and has done for some years. This is mainly due to the fact that lawn cemeteries require a lot of maintenance and for the ease of getting mowers and other equipment around the authority need the ground to be clear. This said, most authorities offer an alternative to the lawned cemetery plot in the form of a traditional cemetery plot in a separate area of the grounds. This affords people the choice of a strictly kept and formal lawned plot or a plot which may be personalised with less rules, within reason.
As part of my work I spend a lot of time at cemeteries and crematoria. This policy, or one very similar operates across most local authority cemeteries and has done for some years. This is mainly due to the fact that lawn cemeteries require a lot of maintenance and for the ease of getting mowers and other equipment around the authority need the ground to be clear. This said, most authorities offer an alternative to the lawned cemetery plot in the form of a traditional cemetery plot in a separate area of the grounds. This affords people the choice of a strictly kept and formal lawned plot or a plot which may be personalised with less rules, within reason. CC2013
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Sun 27 Jan 13

let em swing says...

jokeport wrote:
Had to register an account just to reply to this thread.

To 'let em swing' he's the type of keyboard warrior that likes to get attention by pretending to be someone so untastefull its pathetic.

To the family who put the carlsberg quote on their family members grave, 'WHAT A LEDGEND!' If that's how they want to show their grief and enlighten their spirits of the death of their loved ones then let them do it? We don't know that person who died, maybe it was their wish to have something funny engraved on it?

People should be able to show their respects in what ever way they want to? Yes its a ground for respect and should carry some dignity, but if any1 told me I couldn't put what I wanted on my family members grave I'd do it anyway. If anyone touched it, there would be hell to pay. End of the day, the council should have implied some sort of rule that would not offend other family members, and should most definately make sure they are informed months before the rules are put in place.

Rant over. Council = waste of overpaid numnuts that only think of when their next pay cheque is going into their banks.
Typical selfish reply of the uneducated, do what you like and **** the feelings of the other hundreds of grieving relatives who dont want the graveside like a chavvy teenagers bedroom, and its legend.
[quote][p][bold]jokeport[/bold] wrote: Had to register an account just to reply to this thread. To 'let em swing' he's the type of keyboard warrior that likes to get attention by pretending to be someone so untastefull its pathetic. To the family who put the carlsberg quote on their family members grave, 'WHAT A LEDGEND!' If that's how they want to show their grief and enlighten their spirits of the death of their loved ones then let them do it? We don't know that person who died, maybe it was their wish to have something funny engraved on it? People should be able to show their respects in what ever way they want to? Yes its a ground for respect and should carry some dignity, but if any1 told me I couldn't put what I wanted on my family members grave I'd do it anyway. If anyone touched it, there would be hell to pay. End of the day, the council should have implied some sort of rule that would not offend other family members, and should most definately make sure they are informed months before the rules are put in place. Rant over. Council = waste of overpaid numnuts that only think of when their next pay cheque is going into their banks.[/p][/quote]Typical selfish reply of the uneducated, do what you like and **** the feelings of the other hundreds of grieving relatives who dont want the graveside like a chavvy teenagers bedroom, and its legend. let em swing
  • Score: 0

2:51pm Sun 27 Jan 13

Independentvoter says...

Discraceful, Councils have done the same in Stoke on Trent and many other English Cities too.

I dont think the Council liked being told that they couldn't have their pay rises by the people of Caerphilly.
Discraceful, Councils have done the same in Stoke on Trent and many other English Cities too. I dont think the Council liked being told that they couldn't have their pay rises by the people of Caerphilly. Independentvoter
  • Score: 0

4:25pm Sun 27 Jan 13

westender says...

When you buy a burial plot in a CCBC cemetery you are given a list of terms and conditions, these are laid out in a clear, concise way. due to several family bereavementa in recent years i have several copies of them, i would be pleased to loan them to anyone who has mislaid theirs and if as appears they have difficulty reading or understanding them would be happy to explain, i for one am in agreement with the lawn policy of CCBC i do not want windmills, dolls, streamers or lanterns in the grounds, just a headstone and some nice flowers.
Why do some people think they can pick and choose which rules they want to comply with?
When you buy a burial plot in a CCBC cemetery you are given a list of terms and conditions, these are laid out in a clear, concise way. due to several family bereavementa in recent years i have several copies of them, i would be pleased to loan them to anyone who has mislaid theirs and if as appears they have difficulty reading or understanding them would be happy to explain, i for one am in agreement with the lawn policy of CCBC i do not want windmills, dolls, streamers or lanterns in the grounds, just a headstone and some nice flowers. Why do some people think they can pick and choose which rules they want to comply with? westender
  • Score: 0

3:04am Mon 28 Jan 13

Newport Dave says...

westender wrote:
When you buy a burial plot in a CCBC cemetery you are given a list of terms and conditions, these are laid out in a clear, concise way. due to several family bereavementa in recent years i have several copies of them, i would be pleased to loan them to anyone who has mislaid theirs and if as appears they have difficulty reading or understanding them would be happy to explain, i for one am in agreement with the lawn policy of CCBC i do not want windmills, dolls, streamers or lanterns in the grounds, just a headstone and some nice flowers.
Why do some people think they can pick and choose which rules they want to comply with?
Correct.
The Terms and Conditions are clear enough.
[quote][p][bold]westender[/bold] wrote: When you buy a burial plot in a CCBC cemetery you are given a list of terms and conditions, these are laid out in a clear, concise way. due to several family bereavementa in recent years i have several copies of them, i would be pleased to loan them to anyone who has mislaid theirs and if as appears they have difficulty reading or understanding them would be happy to explain, i for one am in agreement with the lawn policy of CCBC i do not want windmills, dolls, streamers or lanterns in the grounds, just a headstone and some nice flowers. Why do some people think they can pick and choose which rules they want to comply with?[/p][/quote]Correct. The Terms and Conditions are clear enough. Newport Dave
  • Score: 0

11:29am Mon 28 Jan 13

coalpicker says...

Another indication of the rules are not for me . The country is falling apart with indiscipline ,enforce the regulations ,bring back some respect in our society .
Another indication of the rules are not for me . The country is falling apart with indiscipline ,enforce the regulations ,bring back some respect in our society . coalpicker
  • Score: 0

12:48pm Mon 28 Jan 13

whatintheworld says...

Who cares if these rules aren't for you mate? Flout them and suffer the consequences. Easy.
Who cares if these rules aren't for you mate? Flout them and suffer the consequences. Easy. whatintheworld
  • Score: 0

4:12pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Cwmderi says...

I'm sure that councillor Leon Gardener of the Argoed ward will sort it all out. After all, he was elected on the strength of his commitment to local people that he would stand up for the relatives of those who had lost loved ones and were buried in Bedwellty graveyard and for their right to decorate the graves as they saw fit.
So come on Leon, it's time to deliver on your promise.
I'm sure that councillor Leon Gardener of the Argoed ward will sort it all out. After all, he was elected on the strength of his commitment to local people that he would stand up for the relatives of those who had lost loved ones and were buried in Bedwellty graveyard and for their right to decorate the graves as they saw fit. So come on Leon, it's time to deliver on your promise. Cwmderi
  • Score: 0

7:11pm Mon 28 Jan 13

susishoes says...

Good for CCC, only wish the same would be applied at Thornhill Cardiff, there are balloons, little 'gardens' stuffed with all sorts of paraphanalia, looks more like a fairground full of tat. You people ought to be grateful, a cemetery is for the repose of the dead, respect the area and you respect your loved ones.
Good for CCC, only wish the same would be applied at Thornhill Cardiff, there are balloons, little 'gardens' stuffed with all sorts of paraphanalia, looks more like a fairground full of tat. You people ought to be grateful, a cemetery is for the repose of the dead, respect the area and you respect your loved ones. susishoes
  • Score: 0

11:57am Tue 29 Jan 13

Catsitter says...

They taketh off us when we're alive, and also when we're dead, and taketh off the living to pay for people to taketh from the dead. Taketh taketh taketh
They taketh off us when we're alive, and also when we're dead, and taketh off the living to pay for people to taketh from the dead. Taketh taketh taketh Catsitter
  • Score: 0

12:12pm Tue 29 Jan 13

coalpicker says...

Well said Susishoes. This Mardi Gras,
is desecration of the most infantile kind.
Well said Susishoes. This Mardi Gras, is desecration of the most infantile kind. coalpicker
  • Score: 0

7:05am Wed 30 Jan 13

jups says...

If we pay for the plot surely we can place what we see fitting on there !
Can understand that maybe it causes a little mess but hey it keeps someone in a job tidying up !!
If we pay for the plot surely we can place what we see fitting on there ! Can understand that maybe it causes a little mess but hey it keeps someone in a job tidying up !! jups
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Wed 30 Jan 13

dragonlady1 says...

You don't pay for the plot you pay for the exclusive right of burial and for the council to open the grave, you DON'T pay for the land it still belongs to the council
You don't pay for the plot you pay for the exclusive right of burial and for the council to open the grave, you DON'T pay for the land it still belongs to the council dragonlady1
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree