Cwmcarn High School asbestos worker died from electrocution - inquest
Updated 10:23am Tuesday 30th July 2013 in News
A WORKER who died removing asbestos from Cwmcarn High School was electrocuted, the opening of an inquest heard today.
Ambulance crews were called to reports James Paul, 26, of Abertillery, had suffered a cardiac arrest in a suspended ceiling space on July 19.
The inquest at Newport coroner's office heard on arrival paramedics tried to resuscitate him but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Coroner's officer David Arnold said: "His tragic death is the subject of a joint ongoing investigation being conducted by Gwent Police and the Health and Safety Executive."
A post-mortem examination carried out at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, by Home Office pathologist Dr Stephen Leadbeater found the cause if Mr Paul's death to be electrocution.
Gwent Coroner David Bowen said he was satisfied the deceased was Mr Paul and adjourned the inquest until October 3 to allow enquiries to be concluded.
Mr Paul's body was released to his family for funeral purposes.
Comments are closed on this article.