Cwmcarn 'murder plot' pupils excluded from school

12:01pm Tuesday 6th May 2014

TWO teenage girls arrested as part of an alleged murder plot at Cwmcarn High last week have been permanently excluded from the school.

A 15-year-old girl from Newbridge was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill, possession of a bladed article on a school premises and conspiracy to commit murder, while a 14-year-old girl from Risca was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder.

A spokesman for Caerphilly council said yesterday: “We can confirm that the two pupils have been issued with permanent exclusions and we are currently assessing their needs before recommending appropriate educational provision for each of the girls.”

Gwent Police said they were called to the school before noon last Thursday, following concerns being raised about the behaviour of two pupils.

A statement by police said nobody was harmed as a result of the incident, and the matter was “resolved peacefully”.

It is understood the threat to kill allegation involved maths teacher Alison Cray. It is also understood the girls were arrested after a knife was discovered in a bag.

They have since both been released on police bail until June pending further enquiries.

A statement on Cwmcarn High school’s website, posted a day after the arrests, said: “Please be assured that the concerns were dealt with swiftly. There was no risk to any staff or learner and the relevant support services were contacted as a precautionary measure.

“Cwmcarn High is a caring and safe environment and we are committed to everyone’s safety.”

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

Campaign Series: site_logo http://www.campaignseries.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.campaignseries.co.uk/trade_directory/