Boy, 14, creates iPhone game
4:20pm Wednesday 17th February 2010 in News
A CRUMLIN teenager is making a name for himself in the technology world after creating an application (app) for the iPhone.
Joshua Tucker, 14, of Cae Celyn, has developed a game called Twoosh in which the player has to dodge moving objects using the touch screen to gain points and move up levels.
The idea came after Joshua talked to his friends about what they’d like to see in a game.
Using software bought from Apple, it took him three days to create the game which Apple then made available for iPhone users to buy.
It was released on January 4 and sold 587 copies in the first month.
From every sale, 59 pence per game, Joshua gets 85 per cent with the remaining 15 per cent going to Apple.
The Oakdale Comprehensive School pupil also has his own website which people can contact him through for help with apps.
Joshua will then contact them to discuss what they want and their budget before developing the app for them.
In an average week Joshua makes £300 - £350 but can make up to £700.
He said: “It is sometimes hard to fit it all in around my schoolwork but for me it is a hobby and something which I am really interested in.”
He hopes to turn his hobby into a career and is planning on studying software engineering at college and software engineering or computer science at university.
To see Joshua’s website visit www.joshualeetucker.com