Information sought about theft of exhaust systems
2:13pm Friday 5th October 2012 in News
Gwent Police is appealing for information following a number thefts of exhaust systems from ten Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans in the Caerphilly and Torfaen Country Borough areas.
In each of the thefts, between September 16 and October 2, exhaust systems, including catalytic converters, were removed and stolen.
Details of the recent thefts: - On the evening of Monday September 24 from five Mercedes Sprinter vans parked at a premises on Bedwas House Ind Estate, Bedwas.
- On the evening of Tuesday September 18 from a white Mercedes Sprinter van parked at a premises on The Highway, New Inn, Pontypool.
- Some time between Sunday September 16 and Wednesday September 19, from a purple and yellow Mercedes Sprinter van parked in John Street, Pontypool.
- On the evening of Sunday September 23 from a white Mercedes Sprinter van parked at a premises on Springvale Ind Estate, Cwmbran.
- Some time between Saturday September 29 and Sunday October 1, from a silver Mercedes Sprinter van parked at a premises on Commercial Street, Pontllanfraith, Blackwood.
- On the evening of Tuesday October 2 from a white Mercedes Sprinter van parked in a lane behind Herbert's Terrace, Hafodyrynys, Crumlin. Officers are also asking owners of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans to remain alert.
PC Stuart Lewis, of Caerphilly Local Policing Unit, said: "We are appealing for information and asking owners of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans to secure their vehicles and remain alert.
"Steps that can be taken to prevent this type of crime include parking vehicles in well-lit, open areas and installing CCTV camera systems."
If anyone has any information on any of the above incidents, or saw anything suspicious, please call Gwent Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.