Thousands support online campaign to find missing Newbridge man, Kyle Vaughan
CALL FOR INFORMATION: Thousands have joined a group aiming to find Kyle Vaughan, who has been missing for four weeks
NEARLY 16,000 people have now joined a group aimed at helping to find missing Newbridge man Kyle Vaughan.
The huge figure was reached yesterday, exactly four weeks after his disappearance, with his cousin Beckie Imm calling for answers, not only for the family’s peace of mind, but also for “the community to feel safe”.
Gwent Police launched a murder investigation after Mr Vaughan’s silver Peugeot 306 was found on the A467 between Risca and Crosskeys on December 30.
In total, eight people have been arrested in the investigation, but no charges brought. The latest two – a 27-year-old woman and 28-year-old man from Cwmfelinfach – were arrested on suspicion of murder, but released on bail on Friday, pending further inquiries.
His family have set up a group on social networking site Facebook called Help us with information: MISSING – Kyle Vaughan.
It now has 15,883 members and is being used to jog the memories of locals who may have seen something, with photographs, information and thanks from the family.
A post with a message from Mr Vaughan’s parents on the group site says: “Alan and Mary, the parents of Kyle, would like to thank you all for everything that this page is doing to help to find Kyle, we hope to have news soon, but it takes a long time.
We would also like to thank Simon and Beckie for such a good job they have done, as soon as we knowwe shall tell you all. A massive thank you from the both of us.”
Yesterday, Mr Vaughan’s cousin Beckie Imm posted: “Kyle has been missing for four weeks today. The police are still treating the investigation as a murder investigation.
It’s not only important for the family and friends to have answers, but also the community to feel safe.”
Another member, said: “Somebody, somewhere must know something. He’s been missing for too long now. Please let him be found safe and well.”
Last week, the family said they felt like they had been left “in limbo”
as the search for Mr Vaughan continued. At the weekend, the Severn Area Rescue Association were again searching stretches of the River Ebbw.
If you have information call 101, 01633 838111 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Eight arrested, but no one yet charged
IN ADDITION to the two Cwmfelinfach people arrested, six other people have been arrested in connection with Mr Vaughan’s disappearance.
A 24-year-old man from the Blackwood area was released on bail having been arrested on suspicion of murder.
A 22-year-old woman from Newbridge was also bailed on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. Those arrests came after a 27-yearold man from Blackwood, was arrested on January 10 on suspicion of murder.
He was subsequently released by police on January 14.
A 21-year-old man from Newbridge and a 15-year-old boy from Abercarn, both arrested on January 13 on suspicion of assisting an offender, were released on police bail on January 14, pending further inquiries.
A 62-year-old man, arrested on January 11 on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, was also released on bail on January 13, pending further inquiries.
Comments are closed on this article.