STAR turns in the stunning FA Cup wins over Leicester City and Middlesbrough have put him in the shop window, but Robbie Willmott is delighted to have committed his future to Newport County AFC.

The 28-year-old winger’s whirlwind journey from stacking supermarket shelves in 2017 to taking on Manchester City in the cup this coming Saturday has earned him national headlines.

But, just days after scoring the first and making the second for Padraig Amond to see off Boro last week, Willmott signed a new contract to stay at Rodney Parade until the summer of 2021.

And, after being released by County in 2015 and brought back by current boss Michael Flynn two years later, he has no intention of leaving the club again any time soon.

“I’m more than happy to stay for the next two-and-a-half years,” said Willmott.

“It’s probably been one of the easiest contracts to sort out during my career.

“Obviously, I had the option to run down my contract until the summer.

“But I made it clear that I wanted to stay. I’m settled on and off the pitch.

“The people who run the club – the chairman, the gaffer and the directors – have been superb with me. They brought me back from non-league and hopefully I’m repaying them now.”

Campaign Series:

A goal against Pep Guardiola’s men would only add to the buzz around him, but Willmott will not push for a move.

“I’m more than happy here,” he added. “I’m not one of these players that gets ahead of themselves and flies in with a transfer request at the first sign of interest.

“I don’t believe in that. The club has been superb to me.

“I think there’s a long way to go before it happens but, if there was a bid, it’s out of my hands.

“I wouldn’t ever push for a deal. I’d always stay here until the club says I have to go.”

Campaign Series:

Willmott celebrated his new deal with his second goal of the week to see off Mansfield Town and he’s aiming to keep his hot streak going against MK Dons in tonight’s League Two clash at Rodney Parade.

“The FA Cup games are easy to get up for – they take care of themselves, but this is the bread and butter,” he said.

“You can sense the fans are buzzing this week and it’s obviously hard not to think about Man City, but as players we’ve just got to concentrate on MK Dons.

“It’s going to be another tough game. They’re one of the title contenders as well, but I don’t think they’re going to enjoy coming to Rodney Parade.

“The pitch is only going to get worse with the weather that we’re having,” he added.

“The groundstaff have been superb. They’re doing everything they can and the gaffer makes it clear that we don’t want to be a side that just hoofs it.

“We’ve got some outstanding players and some amazing talent and it’s probably the strongest side I’ve played in since I’ve been here.”

Read more: Exiles boss Michael Flynn may need to 'freshen up' team for MK Dons test